We have five prime focus areas:
- Provide authentic health information to general public.
- Provide OME and Career Facilitation facilities to health professionals.
- Reform our Health Care System.
- Promote Health Related Industry of Pakistan.
- Promote Medical Research in Pakistan.
First Objective: Health Education & Free Online Consultancy for Patients
We Strive to make the general public better health aware. We also seek to help Pakistani patients in particular and patients worldwide in general through free online consultancy regarding their health issues.
We plan to offer health education to general public according to our own peculiar sociocultural environment.
This will be done through posting Informative articles on various important health issues of public interest written by our esteemed panel of experts in various fields.
We also plan to include multimedia tutorials and video demonstrations to enhance the strength of our health education message.
Please let us know about any important health related topics which in your opinion can be useful for general public.
Free Online Consultancy
We aim to provide an opportunity for Patients to ask questions about their illnesses directly from doctors belonging to various specialties in our expert panel.
Patients who avail the free online registration facility of our forums will be entitled to post their health and disease related questions in the appropriate forum sections.
Forums Sections Have been assigned to Consultant Panels of respective specialty who will enlighten the patients through their expert opinions regarding problems posted.
We focus at providing a prompt and professional free online consultation mechanism for patients.
We Plan to form guided patient groups belonging to various categories like Diabetes group, Hypertension group, Depression group etc.
The patients in each group will be able to share their experiences with other members of the same group.
This drill is likely to increase the understanding of illness and enhance the management quality and adherence to treatment by individual patients.
Second Objective: Interactive Platform for Health Professionals
Medpk is designed to be the premium medical information service board for Pakistani doctors. We also offer an opportunity for ongoing medical education and career counseling for Pakistani doctors
We plan to provide up-to-date medical information to the health professionals through
- Links to the Online Medical textbooks and articles.
- Asking Clinical Questions from peers.
- Posting professional articles on various topics by the members.
- Medical News Channel will provide latest professional updates in national and international arena.
We aim to provide an opportunity for the doctors and medical students to post interesting clinical cases for professional discussion as a part of an ongoing medical education venture.
The case presenter must ensure that the clinical case being presented is under his or her scope of management, however the identity of the patient must not be disclosed to the open forums due to ethical concerns.
The members presenting more cases to the forum and those participating in the discussions will be duly awarded.
Career Counseling and Job Opportunities.
Career counseling section in the health professional's forum will provide an opportunity to the young doctors and paramedics for getting career counseling advice from their senior colleagues.
A job opening board will be set up to provide information regarding various local and offshore job opportunities for health professionals.
Third Objective: Formulate an Objective Draft Proposal of Pakistan Health Policy
The structure and functional status of our health care services is far below that of today's world standards. We need to understand the core health issues of our nation and through discussions and input from various quarters we need to formulate a proposal for health policy which could be implemented by our government at appropriate time to uplift the standards and quality of our health care services.
Better Health is mandatory for the progress of nation in all fields
Our Health issues are not the same as those of Americans or any other nation. We have to understand and pin point our own particular health issues.
Once we pinpoint our own health issues we can draft a proposal for a Health Policy which would be able to effectively address our core health issues.
Once we have a consensus on our core health issues and policy then we can find means of convincing our government to implement those proposals.
Fourth & Fifth Objectives: Promote Health Industry & Encourage Medical Research
We have a big pharmaceutical market and our surgical goods manufacturing capability ranks amongst the top in world.But overall state of Medical industry and Medical research in our country is far from desirable.
We will analyze our pharmaceutical industry with particular focus on following points
- Assessment of the capabilities and proficiency of different national & multinational pharmaceutical companies.
- Finding ways to make medicines affordable for common people.
- Ensurance of Quality Control and standardizations.
- Finding ways of helping in the growth of pharmaceutical sector with particular focus on local manufacturing of raw materials as well as finished products and local research promotion.
- Pursuing the Pharmaceutical industry giants to invest in local research instead of using our market solely to generate profits. Devising a system of incentives for those who patronize local research.
- Collaboration between universities medical colleges and pharmaceuticals to work out plans for facilitating and funding local research especially in the fields of traditional medicine and local health issues.
Identifying and promoting local medical equipment manufactures.
Identifying areas where local manufacturing in medical equipment can be done through coordination between relevant non-medical goods manufacturing concerns and current medical equipment manufacturers.
Evolving Reliable and Market acceptable system of standardization and ranking our industry according to such standards so as to give international market credibility to our exporters.. By this we will also encourage manufacturers as a whole to meet international standards.
Evolving a system of education regarding technology transfer, market pulse and standardization consciousness for our manufacturing concerns.
Prospects of standardization of quality of refurbished & used medical equipment being imported.
Highlighting whatever research in medical field has so far been done in Pakistan.
Identifying areas where local research is mandatory for improving the standards of health services in Pakistan.
Finding ways to motivate medical professionals to indulge into serious research activities.
Pulling in government and private sector for sponsorship of research projects.
Collaborating between pharmaceuticals, medical equipment manufacturers and medical educational institutions to work out plans for establishing centers for local research.
Get input from experts in various fields of medical profession to seek and highlight areas in which local research is required and feasible. Identification of such areas can help new researchers to devote their time and energies in right direction.
Make available information regarding scientific research methods especially:
- how to conduct scientific research
- identify the tools required for such researches and carry out effort to make those easily available.
- how to impart credibility to our research
- the know how of designing study models for various problems.
- promoting a culture of genuine purposeful scientific reseach and strongly denouncing the current plagiarism trends.